School Nurse Services
Proactive Health Office
Students learn effectively when they are healthy and cared for. Our health office focuses on ensuring the health of our students proactively through education, preventation, and raising awareness for our entire community.
- Assessment of students who feel sick or need first aid
- Record keeping of student’s health, physical exams, immunizations
- Oversee communicable diseases
- On duty for all secondary games and tournaments
- Health Screenings
Education & Preparations
- Teaching health topics in the classrooms as teachers request
- Assist with Annual Health Fair for Early Childhood Center and Elementary School
- Promoting healthy lifestyle
- Research about diseases and health related policies
- First Aid kits for classrooms, field trips, school trips, and sports
- Resource for health related subjects
- Assessment and regular check of blood pressure, etc.
- First Aid and CPR training
Medication at School
If your child needs medication during school days, either every day or temporary, please fill out the Medication Administration Permission Form and give it with the medicine to your child, so your child’s teacher can give it to the nurse and he/she will administer the medicine at the time requested.
Safety at ISQ
Safekeeping the Future
From trips off campus to routine safeguarding on campus, we share the privilege and go the extra step keeping students safe as they grow and become leaders.
Field Trip Preparation
As a member of International SOS an event plan is developed for each off-campus event.
The plan includes:
- Staff pre-visit the trip destination to confirm all accommodation, food, activity and service information
- Destination and event details are approved by International SOS
- Permission to travel forms signed by parent / guardian
- Medical information pertaining to trip participants who require specific medical assistance
- List of teachers and chaperones, with contact information
- List of students on the trip, with current emergency phone numbers
- For overnight and out of city event, a calling tree in the safety plan ensures full contact
Safety Features on Campus
- When in the care of our staff, all children are accompanied, supervised, and in line of sight at all times
- Over 90 security cameras
- Two guards on duty 24/7
- Robust security measures that provide a safe learning environment
- The majority of our staff members are CPR and First Aid certified
- All bus drivers and bus assistants have training every year
- First aid certified staff are present at every school event with first aid and AED kits
- AEDs and first aid kits are spread on each floor of our campus in the event of an emergency
- Alarm systems and fire suppression equipment are in place
- Routine safety drills conducts to prepare students and staff for various emergency scenarios
Air quality and the effects of heavily polluted air on children’s health is a serious concern. For that reason, ISQ's indoor facilities (classrooms, hallways and areas for indoor sport and play) are closed from outside air and constantly provided with filtered air though our Centralized Air Filtration System. This allows us to continue with classes and sports, even on heavily polluted days. Every day we check the air quality index (AQI) before physical activities.
For our outdoor facilities a policy is in place to adjust activities in an attempt to safeguard the health and wellness of our students. This policy applies to outdoor sports as well as outdoor playtime. Teachers will immediately pull a student from an activity if he/she shows signs of abnormal respiratory distress, and notify the school nurse for further monitoring.
We take extraordinary measures with International SOS to keep our students and staff safe. We're proud to be recognized as one of the best in education.
Visitors on Campus
To ensure the safety of our students, parents and visitors are required to sign-in at the information desk upon entering the school building. Badges identifying parents and visitors are available at the guard station and must be worn at all times while on campus.
Protecting our Future Leaders
Health and safety protects our students as they participate in athletics, electives, and activities. If you haven't already, check out our athletics and activities!