A student showcase
As an educator for the past 38 years, I have a vast array of experiences as a teacher and administrator. I taught special needs students and was an elementary school principal for over three decades in the United States. The metropolitan school system where I was a principal provided me opportunities to grow professionally while mentoring countless teachers and other administrators. All of the multi-cultural schools where I was the head administrator were known for upholding high and rigorous academic standards with strong emphasis on character, community, and inclusiveness.
The ISQ elementary staff and I are passionate about helping your child thrive during their elementary school years. During their elementary years, we guide them in developing a solid foundation for not only academic excellence but also character that will stay with them for the rest of their life. ISQ’s elementary program combines a strong curriculum with intentional and meaningful investments into the social, emotional, and physical growth of the children.
Here are some of the elements that make our elementary program exciting:
- Academically challenging: Our teaching staff understands the various learning styles that allow each student to reach success, and we address those learning styles by combining traditional textbook learning, differentiation, small group instruction, and multiple hands-on activities that enrich their learning abilities in all subjects.
- Highly Qualified Staff: Our staff goes through an extensive interview process before being hired. We only seek individuals who love teaching, are highly qualified and credentialed, and possess strong ethical character for positions at ISQ.
- Caring ISQ Community: We value you and your family, and throughout the year, our activities and events are meant to build a sense of community and belonging for you and your child. All events and activities are open to your whole family to experience. Come join us for our Global Village Week, Spelling Bee, Battle of the Books, Chinese Speaking Contest, Fine Art Galas, talent shows, after-school activities, and more!
- Chinese Culture: We celebrate the fact that we live in China. One of our goals is to learn and be thankful for all the tremendous opportunities that we have living in this culture. Each classroom has both a native English teacher and a native Chinese speaker. Students learn to speak and write the Chinese language as a part of their curriculum.
- Communication: Parent communication is an integral part of our program that ensures we are partnering with parents regarding their child’s learning. We utilize communication that is translated into multiple languages including agendas, newsletters, WeChats, emails and parent-teacher conferences.
I look forward to meeting you and your child soon.