A Culture of Care
Parents and families are key in ISQ's community. Parents coach and participate in our athletics program, get involved with our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), organize events, and volunteer their time to amplify the experiences and opportunities of their children.
Want to get connected?
Let us know. We’d love to help you get plugged in.
There are many opportunities for parents to volunteer at ISQ. Volunteering offers a huge resource and support base for the school community while showing their kids the importance of participating in the larger community.
By interacting with teachers, administrators, and other parents on a regular basis, you'll gain a firsthand understanding of your child's daily activities. You'll also tap into trends and fads of school life that can help you communicate with your kids as they grow and change (all without intruding on their privacy or personal space).
If you’d like to volunteer, please contact Jenny Min at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways to volunteer:
- mentor students
- help children with special needs
- volunteer in the school computer lab
- help organize, cater, or work at fundraising activities
- help to plan and chaperone field trips, track meets, and other events that take place away from the school
- assist coaches and gym teachers with sports and fitness programs
- hold a workshop for students in trade or technical programs
- volunteer to speak in the classroom or at a career day
- offer to help get a group started — for example, a chess club or cycling team
- None of these pique your interest? Make another suggestion. We’re always looking for ways to involve our parents.
JOIN THE PTO
At a place like ISQ, where students, teachers, and administrators are always on the move, we feel it is particularly important to create a strong sense of community among our families.
Our Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) welcomes all parents of ISQ students and is a very important resource for both the school and the parents themselves. Members of the ISQ PTO can support activities year round without becoming officers or attending meetings on a full-time basis. Throughout the year, the PTO also helps coordinate various activities. One of our longest-standing school traditions, which PTO plays a large role in coordinating, is our famous Christmas Fair. This is a highlight of every winter season in Qingdao.
Let us know if you would like to play an active role in the PTO, and we can help connect you.
Quick Links 4
Looking for something? Have a look at our affiliate websites or documents. If you don't find what you're looking for, reach out to us at email@example.com.
- 2019-2020 Calendar
- Bus Policies and Procedures
- Tuition and Fees (New Students)
- Tuition and Fees (Returning Students)
- Medical Administration Permission Form
- Parent Volunteer Policy
- Lunch Program
- Parent Code of Conduct
- Student Medical Report
- Outdoor Air Quality Index Policy