Calendar at a Glance
|October 7-November 6||MAP Testing|
|October 12-November 4||HS Volleyball Season|
|October 12-December 2||HS Ping Pong Season|
|October 12-December 2||MS Soccer Season|
|October 29||HS PSAT|
|October 30||House Color Dress Up Day|
|November 6||Quarter 1 Ends|
|November 7||HS SAT Subject test|
|November 9||Quarter 2 Begins|
The Calendar Overview is now published on our website, and is available to download. To view it, and our full Calendar, follow the link below:
1st graders working hard and playing hard
Foreign Staff returning to China
Latest updates: Davina Miaw, Linda & Noah Kiekel, and Josh Altmanshofer & family are scheduled to fly into China next weekend!
Jonathan & Sarah Park are finishing quarantine in Qingdao tomorrow. One more day!
ECC learning through play
New Lunch Program Improvements
We’re excited to announce that our lunch reforms this school year haven’t stopped yet. Reforms began at the end of our last school year when we began renovating our entire kitchen to enable us to prepare, cook, and serve fresh meals on campus by our own staff. With the roll out of our new lunch system, we’ve taken a fresh look at our lunch program and have decided it’s in our family’s best interests to begin our new pay-per-meal lunch program.
No preorders, no minimum deposits, and no planning ahead necessary. Whether your child wants to eat school lunch once a week, every day, or somewhere inbetween this new payment system works for you!
Next steps for you
This change will begin next quarter. For families that have ordered lunch for the entire year or semester, there’s no immediate action necessary. Your remaining balance will roll over into the new program. For others, please transfer money to ISQ’s bank account and email the receipt to email@example.com.
Account name: 学校名称：青岛MTI国际学校 Bank name: 银行名称：招商银行股份有限公司青岛崂山支行 Bank account: 532900152410202
Initial deposits are due by October 30, and further deposits after October 30 should be made when your child’s balance goes below 100 RMB.
One change all families opting into our lunch program will need to learn is how to monitor their child’s lunch balance. To do this, log into PowerSchool, then click “Balance”.
You can view our updated Lunch Program here.
If you have any questions about our lunch program, feel free to contact our lunch team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ECC outside and inside
PTO’s Mission Statement
Dear Parents and Teachers,
Our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) has a new mission statement!
ISQ PTO’s Mission Statement
We want to support positive school spirit, nurture a sense of community, promote enthusiasm for learning, and encourage students, staff and the parent body to be active contributors to society.
Please share with us in this 1-minute survey how you envision the PTO’s mission transpiring in the lives of our students, ISQ community, and society.
1st grade Classroom
Announcing the ISQ Talent Show!
Friday, November 27, 2020
Dear ECC/Elementary Students:
Do you love to dance and sing? Do you play the violin? Can you juggle while doing cartwheels? Then ISQ wants you to be in our talent show!
• Use your imagination! We are looking for a variety of acts: singing, playing instruments, comedy, drama, dancing, magic acts, dramatic readings…the possibilities are endless!
• Acts or performances may include any number of students – priority will be given to those that showcase more than one student.
• Each student may participate in up to 2 separate acts.
• Students must provide their own accompaniments or background tracks if needed.
• Please limit the act or performance to no longer than 5 minutes.
• Parents, please understand that due to the restraints of social distancing, you will not be allowed to assist your child at their audition or during the show. Please ensure that your child can audition and perform independently.
• Each participating student must complete a Talent Show Application (found here) and give it to their classroom teacher by Friday, October 30.
• All entrants must audition. Auditions will be held Monday, November 9 – Friday, November 13 during the school day.
• Students will be notified of their audition day and time on Wednesday, November 4.
• There is only room for 20 acts in the Talent Show, so please understand that not all acts or performances can be chosen. We will give preference to acts and performances that are diverse, include multiple students, and show adequate preparation in the audition.
• The list of participants will be published on Monday, November 16.
Hope to see you there!
Practice makes perfect: Fire Drill
Updated Education Bureau Health Guidelines
Below are the current guidelines from the Qingdao Education Bureau for parents regarding student sickness. These guidelines are evolving quickly, and ISQ will strive to keep you updated.
Thank you for working with us to keep our children and school safe and healthy.
Secondary MAP Testing
Middle Schoolers and 10 Graders working hard on their MAP tests
Grades 6-10 have successfully completed Fall MAP Testing. They demonstrated diligence and endurance through many hours of online testing.
K-5 MAP testing began this week and will continue through November 4.
Parents, you can expect to receive your child’s MAP Progress Report by Friday, November 27.
K-5 MAP testing has begun!
Kindergarten and 2nd Grade working on their tests
Notes and Reminders
House Color Day
Next Friday, October 30th, is House Color Day.
Dress up! Wear the color of your House on the day. Students may wear a costume or clothes that match the color of their House. Goforth is yellow; Liddell is blue; Morrison is green; Taylor is red.
If your student doesn’t know his/her house, the information can be found in PowerSchool. Students can ask their teacher or email June Sun (email@example.com). Secondary Students can see the list on the 4th floor outside room 406. It’s a competition so 1 point for each student who dresses up. Staff will dress up as well.
Show up on time! Remember to make sure that you drop your child off at school by 8 AM since we will try to capture the All-School House Photo at the very beginning of the day (8:10 AM on the Soccer Field).