Content 5-MAP parent training
Parent Training - Supporting Your Child's Growth
How to read and use MAP Test results
The fall MAP testing session has completed successfully for kindergarten-10th grade and you will be receiving a printed copy of your child’s MAP Progress Report by Monday, October 28.
Parents who would like to receive training in how to understand their child(ren)’s MAP Progress Report(s) are invited to attend the Parent Training session in the Auditorium on Friday, October 18 at 11:15 AM-12:00 PM. Attendees will receive their child(ren)’s MAP Progress Reports at the training. If you are unable to attend the seminar, you will receive the reports during Parent-Teacher Conferences.
Secondary students will also be receiving training about understanding their MAP scores on Wednesday, October 23.
page break 1
ECC Morning Recess - "Where is the candy?"
Elementary Morning Assembly- Learn from Thomas Edison
Content 2-PTC Letter
Plan and register next Monday
In one week, ISQ will be hosting Parent-Teacher Conferences. Parent-Teacher Conferences are held to help parents and teachers come together to discuss the progress of each student.
Some examples of items you can discuss with your child(ren)’s teacher(s) could include:
• Skills teachers have observed your child demonstrate or improve
• Character qualities teachers have observed your child display or in which they have demonstrated growth
• Universities or career paths in which students have shown interest
Please take note of important highlights below:
- Parent-Teacher Conferences will be hosted on October 24 and October 25
a. On both days, school will be half days with students departing at 11:30 AM
b. Parent-Teacher conferences will go from 12:30 PM to 5:00 PM on both days
- To sign up and meet with your child(ren)’s teacher(s) and for translation assistance, you will need to create an account and register using our online system.
- If your child(ren) receives ELS services, please be sure to sign up for a separate meeting time with your child(ren)’s ELS teacher. (The names of those teachers can be found on PowerSchool).
- If you have questions or concerns about other classes (music, art, PE, Chinese), please also sign up for other meetings with those teachers.
- The registration period will begin Monday, October 21 at 8:30 AM and close on Wednesday, October 23 at 3:30 PM. When booking, please make sure your account and computer are set to Beijing/Shanghai time GMT +8.
- Unfortunately, childcare will not be provided and our playground, court, and soccer field will be closed during the conferences.
- The school librarian will be available for answering parent questions about how to access library resources. Please take the time to stop by the library while you are on campus.
To schedule an appointment, go to https://booked.isqchina.com. If you’ve scheduled for a parent-teacher conference before, please use the same login information. If this is your first time, make sure to click “First Time User?” to create an account.
As always, if you have any problems, please contact us. If you’re having scheduling issues, please contact June Sun for ECC/Elementary scheduling and Sarah Cheng for Middle and High School scheduling.
Thank you for partnering with us for your childrens’ education.
ISQ Principal Team
Page Break 7
2nd. Grade PE Class
AR Scavenger Hunt
Annual Report – Scavenger Hunt
Find and win
We anticipate that our ISQ community has learned from and enjoyed reading ISQ’s 2018-2019 annual report. We’d love to hear from parents about what they liked and learned with a scavenger hunt.
- Grab your annual report, find the page with this sentence, and take a picture of the page:
“At ISQ, we believe that our greatest asset is our…”
Answer the following question:
What was one part of the annual report that made you cheerful that your family was a part of ISQ?
- Send both the picture and your answer to our WeChat account (QR code below)
The eighth person to finish this week’s scavenger hunt will win 3 coffee coupons to our café.
Don’t have your physical copy on hand? Check out our digital annual report here found under “About Us” on our website.
Share the answers with others in the ISQ community – or don’t to increase your chances of winning!
page break 3
Content 4-Dads BBQ
Dads BBQ last Saturday
It was fun to get together this past Saturday to play soccer, chat, and enjoy some BBQ with several ISQ dads. Thank you to everyone who came out!
page break 4
Content 3-MS Twin Day
Middle School Twin Day!
Middle School Parents,
This Friday we’re having Twin Day for our middle school students. To participate, all students need to do is dress up and match one (or more!) of their classmates. Ask your child(ren) tonight about Twin Day and see who they will match.
page break 2
Page Break 8
Dolphin in Dining Room!
Content 1-Talent Show Invitation
***The show will also be livestreamed online for those who cannot attend. The livestream can be viewed from this link: Talent Show.
page break 5
Playing on wheels!