Calendar at a Glance
|January 25||Quarter 3 begins|
|February 1-5||China Week|
|February 8-19||Chinese New Year Holiday (No School)|
|February 26-27||iSC Science Fair|
Looking ahead: please note that there will be no school on April 6th, as all teachers will take a professional development day to participate in the annual iSC Conference.
To view the entire school Calendar on our website, click the button below (Please note that the Calendar can now also be accessed in Canvas.)
ISQ lunches are prepared fresh by our ISQ staff on a daily basis. Check out what’s cooking next week!
Weekly Lunch Menu
Use our contact page and stay connected and involved in your child’s education.
Traveling outside Qingdao? Let us know.
Local government directives require parents to report to our school.
1st grade learning to follow recipes, measure out quantities, and get creative in class.
Report Cards on PowerSchool
The Quarter 2/Semester 1 Report Cards will be ready in Docbox by 4PM next Wednesday, 27th.
Below you will find the required steps to navigate PowerSchool in order to access students’:
• Report cards
• Other important information
1. Sign in
This is the sign in page and web address for PowerSchool
2. Navigation Page
• Red arrow – will help you find grades and attendance (secondary)
• Blue arrow – will help find the attendance history of your child / children (secondary)
• Green arrow – will help give you access to DocBox
Will give you access to report cards for F - G12, as well as updates for MAP scores when they are uploaded.
a. Finding DocBox (there are 2 ways)
- Go to the bottom of the navigation page (on the left)
- After clicking the tab shown by the green arrow, the following link will show where you can click on DocBox.
b. Student list
Will give the list of student numbers, names, and grades. Click on the student number.
c. Report Card
Will be displayed after you click on the student number. Click on Report Card or the preview eye to view the report card below.
Some highlights from the After School Activities: Cooking class and Science lab
Keeping our Community Safe
On Friday afternoon, January 15th, Shandong Province’s Education Department sent out new instructions to all schools in Shandong, specifying that parents cannot visit campus until further notice.
Continuing close connections with parents is key to teaching and raising our students, especially in these times, and this new directive means that Zoom conferences, phone calls, and emails are important now more than ever.
Maintaining a Healthy Community
Furthermore, the government needs us to work together and keep ourselves and others healthy by following these guidelines:
• Students need to wear masks to campus and when leaving the front gate. Parents who pick up or drop off your child, please also wear a mask
• The government strongly recommends no private gatherings. If needed, keep gatherings to less than 10 people
• Check temperatures every evening, and help your child bring their temperature log card to school every morning
• Monitor your child for these potential COVID-19 symptoms:
Headache, fatigue, runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, muscle aches or joint pains, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever or chills, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell, chest pain, pink eye (conjunctivitis)
If your child has a fever, is vomiting, or has diarrhea, then please follow these procedures:
• Keep your child at home and report to your child’s principals’ assistant
• Get a negative COVID-19 test result from an approved hospital and send the results to the Health Office: email@example.com
• Remain in contact with your child’s principals’ assistant when your child’s symptoms clear
(The government’s guidelines require that students must be fever free for 48 hours, and students who are vomiting or have diarrhea need to be symptom free for 72 hours before returning to school)
For other COVID-19 symptoms listed, please report to your child’s principals’ assistant and await further instructions until sending your child to school.
Thank you for continuing to work with us to keep our school and community healthy and safe.
Carol Tan, Public Relations & ISQ Leadership Team
Some highlights from the After School Activities: GFU Soccer, Dancing class, and Student Council
Subscribe to our WeChat Account!
Make sure to subscribe to our WeChat account to stay connected to the ISQ community. Here you'll stay up to date with what happens every week in the life of our school: events, learning moments, teacher and coach spotlights, sports, and more. Be a part of every day life at ISQ.
Follow us on WeChat at ISQ_Dolphins or scan the QR code below: